DON'T HAVE FIREFOX 2 UP TO SPACE SPEED?
HERE'S THE "SPACE PATROL SUITE" CONSISTING OF FIREFOX 2 AND THE ENHANCEMENTS THAT GET IT UP TO SPEED.
When you get Firefox, it comes pretty stripped down. Out of the box, your Tooltip won't work, You can't make desktop shortcuts and you can't get a full screen. It's biggest advantage is the strong designed-in security. Also many of the applications that work in Internet Explorer don't work in FireFox (just as many FireFox-enabled applications don't work in IE). So we get Add-ons and plugins. After you install the add-ons go to customize the toolbars and get the little icon and put them somewhere on the toolbar. You can even get a toolbar for things you bookmark the shows them in the form of little buttons. This is especilly good for external applications. Here's the starter kit: NOTE Fx 3.0 is out of beta. It still has some problems. No desktop shortcut, some SSL failures etc. I still use 2, Now some of the newer versions of these applications don't work in Fx 2 so select "older version"
Now that you've got the basics, there are many extensions that are not necessities; it's time to go HAVE SOME FUN! Don't forget, you can put buttons in both the upper and lower toolbars, however in fullscreen mode, only the lower toolbar shows, so put the buttons you use most in the lower one and stick the less-used ones in the upper one.
- FIREFOX 2 I've tried Fx 3 but it just didn't cut it for me and I don't think the security increase is worth it. In fact, your next move will be...
- SECURITY FireFox is already good and Fx3 is better but at a price. Here's the Space Patrol Security Suite, By and large these go beyond FireFox and become part of the system. I got the keylooger protection. Don't forget your popup blocker
- ADBLOCK SUITE
- DESKCUT Enables you to makke desktop shortcuts
- FULL SCREEN Really full screenp; just like IE
- SCRAPBOOK: Enables you to save and manage a collection of web pages; like say with valuable applications on them
- GUTIL Put Google Utilities in FireFox then select the ones you want to use from a gimongous invetntory: I mean hunormously egantic.
- IE TAB Lets you run Internet Explorer and another browser of your choice, like Opera or K-Meleon in FireFox according to your Internet Options settings, This is a must since some of the Space Patrol activities don't work in FirFox
- MEDIA WRAP Enables Meida players to your preferences. Even the dreaded QuickTime
- NAVIGATION SOUNDS Uses your system sounds selections
- ENABLE TOOLTIP/ALT ATTRIBUTE
- SEARCHBAR AUTOSIZER adjusts the size of the search input box to the size of the imput material. Keeping it tiny when idle lets you put more goodies on the toolbars
- SMART BOOKMARKS BAR Lets you put up a toolbar that displays just the button and shows the name when you put your pointer on the button. Great for storing many bookmarks and applications that are auxiliary to this console or anything that you use.
- TEXT SIZE TOOLBAR lets you set the page text size
- STATUS BAR CLOCK Puts a date/time clock in your status bar that you set up as you like.
- FINALLY: for your homepage: Nothing beats having it as part of your system. so let me suggest the Space Patrol Power Console. I'ts thorough, augmentable, expandable and customizable and we provide the tools, supplies and instructions. Not only is it your homepage, it's your homepage.