RETRO ROCKETS is not a website. It is a "shell" that includes the Space Patrol site and others that I link to via the Rocket City Spaceport. SpacePatrol.US is both the domain and teh main site. It is not a professional site. In itself it is 100% home grown. so what you get is real Space Cadet from the 1950's; typo's, bad grammar (I was too busy paying attention to my Science classes), run-on sentences and all, but only of the highest quality. Nothing slick, glitzy or generic here. All homebrew; all the time, from those who brew it best.
Retro-Rockets and Rocket City evolved from an idea I had around 2001 to
RETRO-ROCKETS consists of three parts:
- Create a Space Patrol site or subsite that would be part of my own website.
- Put it in a context with the other sites that existed and would exist dealing with 1950's space and related items. Thereafter it "just growed" to include society and culture from that time and up to the early '60's, espanding to cover the whole time whenmost "space Cadets' grwe up
If you think you have a site that fits into that then you can drop me a link at
- ROCKET CITY is about the space shows and their various and sundry sub topics, from the past.
- SPACE PATROL is where you relive or find for the first time. that wonderful early television space program
- PASTBLASTERS: looks at the other things from the 1950-63 timeframe, which was the early days of space.
- We also use two other Yahoo groups that we do not own spacejunk, with a link at the Space man's Museum and rubber_dinosaurs, lined at the PastBlasters page
I did not use the usual mailto: to prevent spam and other badbots from locking onto my address: they can't read images
I will then look at and evaluate your site for inclusion into Rocket City or some part of RETRO-ROCKETS with an eye toward keeping it. The word is "I want to put it here"
Here are the rules
this is old school; really old school, not old fart. In fact, you will not find one "Super Prostate Shrink-R" "Senior Stress Stopper" or "Impends" site or reference here. This is a look into another world that we had as kids. If you're age 10-15 and have found this place, ditch the xbox for awhile and have a looksee. We use some video games here too. I was a big fan of them back in the 70's and early '80's, They're not bad, it's just theat there is a larger world out there. Who knows, we might have Grand Theft: Rocket, but don't expect the Space Patrol to fold up like a cheap switchblade. when we bring you in, you go right to the Brain-O-Graph where we mess with your head.
- No Star Trek or Star Wars: Not that I don't like them, it's just that there are enough of them out there to choke a Denebian dinolizard
- What I'm referring to is early television space/sci-fi.
- If the site is a "full-world' like Tom Corbett, Space Patrol, Captain Video, Rocky Jones or something like that,it will have its own link at ROCKET CITY. Otherwise it will be in a subcategory. like toyrayguns.com is "The TERRA CITY HISTORICAL SOCIETY"
- I will entertain other interests from the 1950-63 timeframe like toy dinosuars, mdels & gliders and music since they were of interest to us, but that is not part of ROCET CITY main parts. It will find its way into PastBlasters
- If you are a "whole world" site like www.solargurd.com, I would like a transparent background gif of your rocketship, to be no wider than 100 px. If you need to make one, then take up this link
GIFWorks. If you have a gif with the same color background throughout you can make that part transparent.
- It may be that you have a site that I would like here but it does not fit, usually that is a timeframe matter. I will Put it in the linkspage of my "apartment" at Ganymemde Building in Jupiter Apartments in Terra City to which you get by the Monorail(maybe I can sneak in the Gil Gerard Buck Rogers material or some J..R.R. Tolkien. In fact, if you "move in", you can do the same. Just because I'm celebrating the 1950-63 timeframe doesn't mean I died in '63.
Unlike "fiftiesweb.com", which we have because they are loaded for dinosaur, we stay true to our times because we stay true to our people; this stuff meant something to someone(s) and we will not dishonor that meaning: who do you think we are; Prince Baccaratti? (what better place for a heel than on the "footer", right Cadets?) You won't ever see Scooby-Doo or even the Beatles here, except maybe at a site we link to which is of significance to here. You will see Felix the Cat here. You will see Roy Orbison. We may include some modern things like the Carnegie Collection (dinosaurs) but only as an extension of an interest that started in the '50's. The same with Guillows (gliders) and the new Jim Walker A.J. Classics where you can get a true-to-the-original A.J. Hornet (gone for over 40 years)
? This is the Mystery Category. You know it by the familiar blue time machine. This takes you to places that While I cannot rcommend them here (wink wink) due to their temporal dislocation, I cannot stop them from finding their way here. Ever try to jam a TARDIS' nav system; especially on that has been worked on and had parts put in it from some alien world you've never heard of? All I can do is limit its operational activities here.